Friday, May 7, 2010

Wk 1 Comment Post #1

Therese Josephson says:

Several months ago, I was planning on recording my students during class. Our department had a portable CD recorder, and as I was setting it up that day, it stopped working! The students were planning on creating the recording that day, and I didn’t really want to change gears, so I pulled my iPhone out of my pocket and recorded them using the Voice Recorder. Then we plugged the phone into a boombox with an iPod jack to listen. (Now, I record into Garageband, and get better recordings than the CD recorder every produced.)

Another time, I was planning on having my students use Noteflight (a web 2.0 tool) for a composition project. As I walked them through the process of setting up an account, we realized that the confirmation e-mail was being sent to their Spam folders, which they did not have access to in their school e-mail accounts. So I quickly created a class account that they could all access and they worked that way.


Kelly McKinley says:

@ Therese

I had the same experience. I was trying to use the digital recorder to record my students performing in class but the battery died. I then went over to my computer, turned it to face my class, and recorded them with Garageband. I was able to make a few fixes within the program and the recording was so much better! I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment