Friday, May 7, 2010

Wk 1 Comment Post #2

Our school is well-equipped with computer labs and computer technology teachers who are very willing to help teachers in the lower, middle, and upper school. We have students kindergarten through 12th grade. This year our kindergarten and prefirst classes installed Smartboards, and the teachers have found interactive ways to bring content to the children. My art classroom is scheduled to be relocated and with that move the plan is to install a Smartboard and four deep sinks. As an art teacher of little ones, my priority would be to get the sinks, but seeing how the teachers have used the Smartboards to set up systems of communications and organization with the children, I’m sure the Smartboards will be equally helpful. At this point the use of videos and creation of videos to prepare for an art project has brought added interest and motivation to my art class.


Kelly McKinley says:

Although I agree that four new sinks is a blessing for an elementary art teacher, you will find that having a Smartboard will come in handy. I don’t know how many classes you teach per grade level, but I am always asking my students if we talked about certain things in class. For some reason, I will get further with some classes than I do with others. A Smartboard can help you with that. You can save documents that you were using with one class, keep it in a folder and bring it out then next time you see that class. Then the next time a kids says, “We didn’t talk about that”, you can bring up their folder and find out for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment