Saturday, October 10, 2009

BP7_2009102_Web2.0_Tools--Haiku









Haiku is a program that enables you to create an interactive website that will allow the teacher to post audio, video, websites for their students. There is also a feature that allows students to upload assignments and the teacher can also grade that assignment to post for the student to see. Teachers can also create quizzes for students to take online.

This is a You Tube video created to explain all of Haiku's features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuVxT54ndmU

Noteflight, a music notation website, works with Haiku to create a unique experience for the music teacher. Not only can the teacher access all the features already described, but they can also create quizzes and assignments for the music classroom.













The only drawback is that it costs money. There is a free option but it only has 25 MB of storage space.




References

Haiku learning systems. (2009) Haiku. Retrieved October 10, 2009 from http://www.haikulearning.com/



1 comment:

  1. Kelly,
    I think that this site looks great. It would be a great thing to implement into my classroom. It would allow me to put all of my notes and examples onto a website for my students to access. It would also create a new platform for distributing and receiving information from my students. Students could submit homework as soon as they finished, and I would be able to give them feedback quickly. It would also allow parents to understand what their child was learning. Many of my parents do not know Spanish, this would be a way for me to open up the learning to them as well. They would be able to understand what their child had to do in my class. I could even have a parents' corner where I explained what was being learned to the parents. They would then be able to converse with their students about what was going on in class. This would also be a great way to have some supplemental materials and discussions available to all of my students. Thank you for showing me this site!!

    ReplyDelete